Terms and conditions of acceptance of advertisements for Newsdesk Media Limited
Interpretation: “the Publishers” means Newsdesk Media Limited; “the Advertiser” means the advertiser or its agent whichever is the principal; and “Advertisement” means the advertising position booked by the Advertiser whether an advertisement, advertisement feature or advocacy. Advertisement orders are at all times subject to the Publishers’ approval of the copy and the following terms and conditions:
- The receipt of this order by the Publishers constitutes a binding contract (“Order”) between the Advertiser and the Publishers for the placing of the Advertisement.
- Overdue fees shall carry interest at a daily calculated rate from the payment due date to the date of actual payment at an interest rate base on the Bank of England overnight interest rate plus 5%.
- The Advertiser shall submit to the Publishers suitable Advertisement copy by the due date notified by the Publishers – if such copy has not been received by such date, the Publishers may refuse the Advertisement and may reproduce material already held from the Advertiser, or may print the name and address of the Advertiser in place of the Advertisement, and the Publishers shall not be responsible for any mistake, error or omission in such copy. The Advertiser shall supply to the Publishers all necessary artwork to reproduce the Advertisement. Supplementary processing costs incurred by the Publishers will be charged to the Advertiser where artwork is not supplied in the specified form. The Publishers may stipulate special charges and conditions for special Advertiser requirements. The Publisher may cancel an Order by notice to the Advertiser if it has business reasons to do so.
- Whilst every care is taken to avoid mistakes the Publishers cannot accept liability for any errors and/or omissions due to third parties or the actions or omissions of the Advertiser. The Publishers exclude all liability for any indirect or consequential loss, or loss of profit, revenue or goodwill, suffered by the Advertiser as a result of the breach of these terms or any tortious duty by the Publishers. The Publishers’ liability for all other loss will be limited (to the extent permitted by applicable law) to the fees due in respect of the relevant Advertisement. Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude the Publishers’ liability for death or personal injury caused by their negligence, or for damages caused by their fraudulent misrepresentation.
- All items delivered to the Publishers by the Advertiser remain at the Advertiser’s risk. The Publishers reserve the right to dispose of such items if their return is not requested in writing within 6 months of the date of last publication of the Advertisement.
- The Advertiser warrants that the Advertisement is true and accurate in all material respects and is not illegal, defamatory, an infringement of any third party rights, or in contravention of any relevant codes of practice (including the British Code of Advertising Practice).
- The Advertiser excludes all liability for any indirect or consequential loss, or loss of profit, revenue or goodwill, suffered by the Publishers as a result of the breach of these terms or any tortious duty by the Advertiser. Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude the Advertiser’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for damages caused by its fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The Advertiser must notify the Publishers in writing of any complaints it has or receives regarding the Advertisement within 28 days of the relevant publication date.
- This order form (including these terms) contains all the terms of the Order and no other terms will be incorporated into the Order. The Order is in respect of the Advertisement only, and is not dependent on any other terms.
- Orders are bound by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The placing of any advertisement by the Advertiser constitutes acceptance of all of the above terms and conditions